Greetings from Camp, Friends!
We’ve been thinking of you, and hope your back-to-school transitions have gone as smoothly as possible. It’s too quiet around here for our taste – we prefer laughter, songs, and cheers; needless to say, we’re missing our campers! Plans are already underway for our 64th season, and we can’t wait until Opening Day (June 26th), when we can all be together again. To that end, below you will find all of the information you’ll need to apply for your camper(s) for summer 2023. We hope you will find this guide to be helpful, but certainly let us know if you have any further questions.
First and foremost, the 2023 Camper Application will open this Wednesday, September 21st, at 12pm. Click here to see dates and pricing: Dates and Pricing
Reminder: this year, we will be offering a limited number of mixed/all gender groups. Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for more information, and don’t hesitate to call us at camp (978-443-3100) with any questions.
As always, we’re dedicated to a fair and transparent enrollment process. Please read the following information carefully in advance, to avoid any confusion as you look to enroll your campers for 2023:
- All applications are date and time stamped. We strongly encourage you to consider applying as early as possible in order to secure your spot. (Last year, sessions began filling just 3 minutes after the application opened for some age groups.)
Note: Families are enrolled together based on the timestamp of the first application received.
- Enrollment will be processed based on family longevity until September 28th (see details below*). After that time, enrollment will be on a first come, first served basis, with longevity status no longer taken into account. Even if you are not a past camper family, we strongly encourage you to apply as early as possible, (on or after September 21st at 12:00pm), as we will begin enrolling in early October, according to the date/time stamp on each online application.
We are so appreciative of the families that have made Sewataro their second home, and as our way of honoring your commitment, we will be enrolling in order of family longevity. Applications received between 9/21 – 9/28 will be sorted by the number of years your family has attended Sewataro, and enrolled in that order.
To take advantage of this longevity status, you must submit your application by September 28th. Applications received after September 28th will be processed on a first come, first served basis, and longevity status will no longer be taken into account.
- We will begin our enrollment process in early October. Once you have submitted your application, you should receive an email confirming that your application was received. This does not mean your child is enrolled. Once we enroll your child (pending availability), you will receive a second email confirming enrollment.
- If the session you applied for is full, we will reach out with other available options. Please note: In order to keep the enrollment process moving forward for all camper families, any alternate spots offered will only be held for 24 hours. If we don’t hear back from you within 24 hours of the email receipt, we will need to move on to the next family in the queue. Please make sure you are receiving our emails, and keep an eye on your inbox throughout the fall!
- Please note that friend requests can only be honored if they are for a compatible session. Whenever possible, we group 2 and 4 weekers together and 6 and 8 weekers together in a separate group; this allows for optimal opportunities for bonding with campers here at the same time and progression at activities for those who are here for a longer stay. If your camper would like to be with a particular friend, please be sure that your sessions overlap as described above. Note: mixed/all gender groups will include campers from all sessions (2/4/6/8).
A couple of notes about the application itself:
- When asked to provide your child’s grade, please put in your child’s current grade (NOT their grade next Fall), to ensure placement accuracy. The system will automatically roll them to the grade they will be entering in Fall of 2023.
Note: In our system, Pre-K means the year before Kindergarten, and Nursery equals two years before.
- If you choose to pay your deposit by check, we must have the check in hand within seven days of your application; all deposits must be received before your child will be enrolled. Checks will not be cashed until/unless your child is enrolled.
Last but not least…
The enrollment process is lengthy, and we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding. If you don’t hear from us for a few weeks, it just means we’re still working on it! Especially this year, with our new mixed/all gender groups, it will likely take us more time to organize and process the applications. It could take as long as 8 weeks or more for us to get through all of the applications. Once you have received the email that says “Thank you for your application!,” then you are in the queue and will not be forgotten!
If you have any questions about any of this, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
With warmth and appreciation,
Amy, Emmy, Cheryl, and Jeannine